1. My branch is still one of the most bombin' in all of Hungary. Seriously, if there ever was an amazing place to get to stay in---Szombathely is a good one to pick.
2. My new companion, Brady Nővér, is super cool. She's from Riverton, Utah and this is her second area---so we're going to make it a dang good one!
3. Because I've finally been in this area long enough to actually know what's going on, I'm feeling pretty good. I have a super good handle on who's who, how everything runs, where everything is at, so that makes life aaaaa loooott easier!
4. Being a senior companion teaches you that you don't know how much you know until you kind of have to know---so it's been helping my language out a lot, I've been enjoying the opportunity to grow.
5. In all seriousness, senior companionship is a little daunting---especially when your mission language is one as ridiculous as Hungarian haha. But it's definitely been an adventure, and a new experience.
There's a quote by Joseph Smith that makes my list of top favorite quotes of all time:
"The Lord calls us in our weakness,
but He qualifies us in His work."
Oftentimes, I feel like I'm dealing with situations and things far beyond the spectrum of my control and qualifications. But I'm increasingly grateful for the opportunity to discover just how much the Lord refines and defines you into something He can work with. So, I guess that's my number one best reason to "keep calm and carry on"---because Heavenly Father is aware of you. Whether you are a Hungarian missionary, an Albanian missionary, a Texas missionary, whether you're living in Calfornia, Idaho, Virginia, or Utah---you have an ability beyond what you think when you have Heavenly Father on your side. He qualifies you in His work.
Anyways, love you all, more details to follow once we're better settled in next week--just know I'm good and the lyrics to "I'll Make a Man Out of You" can be perfectly tweaked to apply to Hungarian mishes ;)
Tudom hogy a Mormon könyve igaz!
p.s. Ian comes home next month---whaaaattheheccckkk!